Register Your Interest for Schools Week 2021
Are you interested in studying at Griffith College but want to get to know us a bit better? Griffith College's annual Schools Week is a great way to experience a “day in the life” as a student! This year we will be bringing Schools Week online using Zoom, making it easier than ever to participate and interact with us. Our faculties will be hosting a variety of fun and engaging workshops from 30 March - 7 April 2021. Areas include TikTok marketing for entrepreneurs, design portfolio how-tos, and photography masterclasses. We invite TY, 5th or 6th Year students to register interest today!
Schools Week 2021 Schedule of Events
Are you submitting a Design portfolio for Griffith College but need some guidance? Join the Design faculty for an informal session that aims to answer your most commonly asked questions. What is a portfolio? What do I include? Where do I start? Using visual examples, we’ll walk you through these and more. We hope you can make it!
Get a taste of what it’s like to study Law at Griffith by joining us on Wednesday 31 March for a series of mini-lectures and practical workshops. Whether you want to get an early insight into Criminal Law, find out how to become a barrister or get a taste of what it’s like to work in Law, we have a session for you. Either stay for the day or pick and choose the sessions that suit you. Whichever you prefer, we hope to see you there!
- Law of Tort
- Criminal Law
- Innocence Project
- Introduction to Mediation and its role in the Legal Sector
- Careers in Law
- Life as a Legal Professional
- Human Rights Law
- Alumni Talk: What it’s like being a Law student at Griffith College
Inviting budding entrepreneurs! Flex your marketing and promotional knowledge with this one-day intensive bootcamp in TikTok marketing for your business. Delivered in partnership with The Entrepreneurs Academy and Digital Marketing Consultant Muriel Foley, we are excited to teach secondary school students the tips and tricks of the trade and how best to utilise social media from a business perspective.
Places are limited to 40, so sign up early to avoid disappointment! We will be sending registered students a survey to complete where you describe briefly why you deserve a place on this interactive bootcamp. For any questions, please follow up directly with Emily Watts or call 01 4163330.
Induction: Building trust: Who is in the room? Are they like me? Will they like me? Quick group exercises to break down all the barriers.
Ideation and validation
- So, is my enterprise idea any good? How do I know?
- Who is my audience/ market?
- What problem am I solving for them?
- Who else does what I want to do?
- How can I do it better/ differently?
11:15am-1:00 pm TikTok Tutorial delivered by Muriel Foley
- Navigating TikTok.
- Content and platform best practices for TikTok.
- Best practices for representing a business– the difference between personal and business accounts.
- The most effective features for interactions, growth and awareness.
- A tutorial/how-to session on creating content including production, editing and publishing (this includes transitions, voiceovers, duets, stitches, effects and hashtags).
1:00 pm- 1:40pm Lunch Break
1:40pm-3:40 Bringing It Altogether
- What are you trying to achieve and what is your message?
- Being really clear about what you need to communicate.
- Storyboarding and scripting.
- Breakout sessions/ Individual TikTok challenge.
- Planning a content calendar to take people on a journey.
- How to create an action plan to make it happen.
- Breakout sessions/ Group review and development of TikTok videos.
Bootcamp Wrap Up and Showcase of TikTok marketing samples produced
Do you ever find yourself wondering how the Marvel universe was brought to life? Or why no matter how many times you watch 'The Fault in our Stars' you always ugly cry because you are hit very much in the feels? If you are pondering these questions, and many more, maybe a career in film is the right path for you! Come inside the world of a Griffith Film student and take a tour of our studios, check out some of our equipment and get an insight into composition.
Does your passion for getting the perfect shot go beyond Instagram? Do you want to go that step further, shooting commercial, still life, portrait and fine art photography? Then this workshop is for you. Let us take you on a journey on what life is like as a photography student at Griffith College. Check out our photography studios, darkrooms and equipment. We will also be showing you a real-life shoot that our students will be running on the day and some top tips on how to use lighting to get the perfect shot.
Do you dream of a life on the cusp of the next breaking news story? Is writing a skill that you want to explore further but aren't sure where to start? Then this workshop is not to be missed. Come along to our workshop where Dr Robbie Smyth will share his top tips on how to write the perfect headline, caption and engaging news story. Robbie will also give you some insight into what life is like as a Comms student at Griffith, and what it takes to be industry ready for the world of media and journalism.
Have Any Questions?
Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have about Schools Week by emailing [email protected] or or call us at 01 4150415.